The Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Strengthen traditional export markets and expand new markets.
- Promote and enhance Trade in Service Sector.
- Cultivate new exporters in regional areas.
- Promote and develop International Trade Mart.
- Internationalisation of Thai companies by encouraging outward business investment and brands creation.
- Product development and enhance value creation.
- Maximize the utilisation of trade negotiations and free trade agreements (FTAs).
The Thai Chamber of Commerce plays a proactive role in representing the interests of the local Thai business community.